(Taro Pudding – Hawaii’s favorite dessert)
- 3 cups raw taro, peeled and grated
- 1 cup fresh coconut, grated
- 1 cup coconut water (from inside the coconut)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¾ cup brown sugar
Combine and mix all ingredients. Place in a greased and foil lined pan. Cover with foil. Bake at 400 degrees for 2 hours. Remove foil last half hour to brown.
Courtesy of Pomai Stone
- 1 lb poi
- 1 box mochiko (rice flour)
- 1 cup sugar
- Coconut oil (enough to submerge poi mochi balls)
Mix all ingredients in large bowl. Make small balls the size of a golf ball. Heat the cooking oil to high. Test a small piece of batter. If oil is hot enough it will float. Deep fry poi mochi balls. Roll in sugar. Let cool and enjoy!